Death Stings. Photos Can Help.
As we sat in the doctor's office waiting for the results, our worst fears were confirmed. Our daughter, Skylar, had a terminal condition called Spinal Muscular Atrophy type 1 for which there is no cure. We were told that most babies don't see their first birthday...
I called a photographer friend of mine to come take pictures of her before her first surgery. Skylar ended up making it 21 wonderful months before we had to say goodbye. The photos we were given provided so much joy and have given us comfort in her absence.
Any time I heard of someone facing a terminal diagnosis, I offered a free portrait session as a way to pay it forward…
You're not alone. We're in this together.
If you have a terminal diagnosis and are interested in a free portrait session and photo book, please apply today. We can't guarantee that we will be able to photograph everyone who applies, but we will do our best and look forward to hearing from you.
We Need You
We can't do this alone! We are excited to invite you to join us in helping serve as many people as we possibly can. Whether you want to volunteer your time and talent or you want to help fundraise or spread awareness, we need your help! Please join us in whatever way you can.
- Let your friends know about Love Not Lost and share our story on social media today
- Help us spread the word about upcoming events, recent news, and exciting updates.
- Help us make connections!
- Your gift can bring hope and change the life of someone struggling with a terminal diagnosis today.
- A portrait session costs approx. $850 including the hand-crafted photo album... Any 1-time gift can help!
- Join our monthly supporters!
- Do you know about grants that Love Not Lost would qualify for?
- Would your company be interested in sponsoring us?
- Would you like to volunteer for an event or as a photographer?
- There are many ways to get involved!